The estate is one of six options available to prospective buyers for two vacant, adjacent parcels on the island.
A vacant property with a planned home has been listed on Siesta Key for nearly $16.6 million, one of six potential options for two adjacent waterfront parcels on the north end of the island.
The proposed 10,616-square-foot-home, which would span vacant lots at 4137 and 4153 Higel Ave., was the vision of parcel owners Lenorad and Laurie Mecca. After the couple decided to remain at their current home in Ponte Vedra Beach, they put these parcels up for sale.
The Meccas' designed the home, but construction hasn't begun. The estate will not be built unless a buyer purchases both parcels and wants to go forward with the Meccas' plans.
The planned home features five bedrooms, six bathrooms and one half-bath. It would also include a pool and a five-car garage.
Along with a 540-square-foot, first-floor master bedroom, plans call for a library, den, media room and game room. Exterior features include a private tennis court, detached in-law suite, sun deck and outdoor kitchen.
Other amenities include cathedral ceilings, crown molding, thermal windows, an elevator, a wet bar and a hot tub.
If built, the home would be among the most expensive in the vicinity. Most nearby homes range in price from $6 million to less than $1 million.
Premier Sotheby's agent Judie Berger listed the Meccas' original vision, as well as five other options:
- Buy the land at both 4137 and 4153 Higel Ave. for a total of $7.99 million. A buyer could then design a custom home across both parcels or one home on each.
- Buy the 0.86-acre property at 4137 Higel Ave. by itself for $3,995,000 and build a custom home.
- Buy the 1.17-acre property at 4153 Higel Ave. by itself for $3,995,000 and build a custom home.
- Buy the lot at 4137 Higel Ave. with a planned home for $8.78 million. Plans for the potential home call for a 8,239-square-foot main building with five bedrooms, five baths and two half-baths. It is also already zoned to allow for a separate detached guest building, unlike 4153 Higel Ave.
- Buy the lot at 4153 Higel Ave. with a planned home for $6.98 million. Plans for the potential home call for a single 5,100-square-foot building with four bedrooms, four bathrooms and one half-bath.
Both 4137 and 4153 Higel Ave. offer unobstructed views of Big Pass. Combined the two addresses contain 240 feet of waterfront property.