LAKEWOOD RANCH — The Lakewood Ranch Rotary Club again is uncorking a bottle of fun in support local charities.
The group will host the ninth annual SunCoast Food & Wine Fest from 1-4 p.m., Nov. 13, at the Sarasota Polo Club, 8201 Polo Club Lane.
“It’s a great event,” event Chairman Terry Pennekamp said. “It’s a wonderful afternoon.”
The event will feature more than 300 American and international wines for tasting as well as specialty beers and specialty soft drinks. Food from more than 35 area restaurants, including the Sun House Restaurant, Tommy Bahama Cafe, Michael’s On East, Cantina Toscana and Madfish Grill, among others, also will be featured.
Other festivities include cooking demonstrations, live entertainment by Doug Deming and by The Jewel Tones and a silent auction that includes a seven-day cruise for two to the eastern Caribbean, a six-day African safari and more.
Tickets cost $60 and must be purchased in advance online or at one of 16 local retail locations. Attendees will receive a tote bag, butler plate and a signature Wine Fest wine glass, among other goodies.
“It’s all-inclusive,” Pennekamp said. “There are no additional costs. You’ve got entertainment. You’ve got food. You’ve got beverages. It’s really nice.”
New this year, festival attendees will be able to purchase alcoholic beverages to take home.
“The Sarasota Polo Club now has an alcohol license that allows package sales,” Pennekamp said. “For the first time, you have the ability to buy your favorite wine and take it home with you.”
Organizers expect more than 2,000 people to attend the event, which will go on rain or shine.
The Suncoast Food & Wine Fest is the Lakewood Ranch Rotary’s largest annual fundraising event and has generated more than $800,000 for local charities — primarily those who help children and the elderly — since its inception.
For more information about the festival, visit www.suncoastwinefestival.com or call 807-0002.
Contact Pam Eubanks at [email protected].
SUNCOAST FOOD & WINE FEST
WHEN: 1-4 p.m., Nov. 13
WHERE: Sarasota Polo Club, 8201 Polo Club Lane, Sarasota
COST: $60. Tickets must be pre-purchased.
INFORMATION: www.suncoastwinefestival.com or 807-0002
RETAILERS SELLING TICKETS
• Barbary Shoppe, 8111 Lakewood Main St., #104, Lakewood Ranch
• Broken Egg Restaurant, 6115 Exchange Way, Lakewood Ranch
• Butcher Block,3242 17th St.,Sarasota
• MacAllister’s Grill & Tavern, 8110 Lakewood Main St., Lakewood Ranch
• Michael’s Wine Cellar,1283 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota
•Norman’s Fine Wines & Liquors, 5495 Lena Road, Bradenton
• BradentonPak Mail, 7282 55th Ave. E., Bradenton
• Publix Supermarket (Lakewood Walk), 11205 State Road 70 East, Bradenton
• Publix Supermarket, 8330 Market Street, Lakewood Ranch
• Publix Supermarket,2875 University Parkway, Sarasota
• Ruth’s Chris Steak House,6700 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota
• Simon's Coffee House,5900 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota
• Sweetbay Supermarket,8750 S.R. 70 E.
• The UPS Store, 8374 Market St., Lakewood Ranch
• Winestyles, 8225 Natures Way, Suite 111, Lakewood Ranch