Many accolades have been used to describe The Table Creekside: "fantastic," "great food," "fabulous restaurant," "classy," "amazingly delicious," "out of this world," "upscale," "the best," "over-the-top," "inventive" ... the list goes on. I would take no exception to using any of these superlatives to describe my own experiences at the restaurant. However, on a recent visit to The Table, I think one of my dining companions described it best when she said, “All of the items on the menu sounded so good and very interesting. I found myself ordering dishes that contained ingredients I usually am not too fond of eating. But I wanted to try the dish. And you know what? It was amazing! I would definitely order it again!”
Located on a small spit of land on Phillippi Creek, the Table Creekside shares the same locale and parking area with the Phillippi Creek Village Oyster Bar at 5365 S. Tamiami Trail. On the east side of the Trail, The Table’s unique setting offers a tranquil water view dining space with abundant windows allowing views from most indoor tables, and of course, an outdoor deck for waterside dining. Contemporary art, a lighted outdoor fountain and water sculpture add to the sophisticated, upscale yet simple décor. The white-clothed tables, elegant place settings and aqua-colored glassware set the stage for the main presentation: the food.
The menu is large, offering small plates, soups, salads, red meat, chicken, seafood, sides and desserts. The cuisine is eclectic, combining an interesting mix of high-quality fresh ingredients, seasonings, spices, contrasting flavors and textures to create a truly international dining experience. For our meals we chose the following:
- Quinoa Pancakes: Vanilla banana compote, guava honey butter. $8.95
A unique interpretation of a classic. The quinoa gives it a delicious nutty, slightly gritty texture which pairs so well with the creamy, sweet banana compote.
- Create Your Own Trio: Choose any three! The trio includes a complimentary mimosa or bloody Mary. $19.95,
- Puebla Egg Crepe: Organic chicken, smoked Manchego, heirloom romesco.
A smooth, slightly spicy rendition of the crepe, nicely filled and flavorful.
- Nantucket Bay Scallop Risotto: Oyster mushrooms.
Sweet and chewy, mouth-filling flavor. Loved the textures.
- French Toast Panini: Washington apples, Argentinian caramel, triple cream brie, candied bacon crisp.
Absolutely delicious, for the sweet breakfast aficionado; dessert disguised as breakfast!
- Mediterranean Lamb Frittata: Goat cheese, spinach, angel hair, heirloom pepper sofrito.
A very nice presentation of colors and textures: chewy, mouth-filling and, dare I say, hearty.
- Olive Oil Roasted Wild Salmon: Fennel gremolata, tzatziki aioli, creamy orzo.
A simple, savory presentation, light and satisfying, a great brunch item.
- Shrimp and Grits: Tasso gravy, Key West pink shrimp, creamy grits.
A creamy mix of flavor and textures, sweet and salty but just a tad too salty for me.
- Sicilian Octopus: With ricotta, cannelloni spread, fennel pear mignonette, micro-greens and citrus olive oil vinaigrette. $6.95 (Special)
An interesting presentation of the most tender octopus with the smoothest cannelloni. Lick-the-plate good!
- Veal Bourguignon: Stew with Stilton blue cheese crostini. $6.95 (Special)
A tremendous rendition of the French classic: melt-in-your-mouth-tender pieces of veal served in a dark, rich, flavorful broth perfectly punctuated with the crostini.
- Organic Veal Chop: 16-ounce organic fed veal chop with a cabernet reduction, truffle mashed potatoes and haricot verts. $42.95
A very large portion of richly flavored, fork-tender veal cooked to the perfect temperature. Bright, crisp, snapping green beans were a great accompaniment.
- Diver Sea Scallops: Pumpkin pancetta mashed potatoes. $26.95
Sweet, tender, fresh scallops paired perfectly with the creamy sweetness from the pumpkin, every bite an explosion of flavor and texture.
- Barcelona Chicken: Chorizo-stuffed organic chicken, sweet plantain, Manchego, creamy quinoa. $19.95
A beautifully artistic presentation of tender chicken with a creamy bed of quinoa. The chorizo presented a slight kick.
- Domestic Lamb Rack: With roasted fingerling potatoes, leek jam, fig gastrique. $39.95
Prepared to temperature as requested, the lamb was rich, flavorful, melt-away tender and had the perfect accompaniment of flavors.
- Apples Tres Leches Parfait: With caramel crème anglaise. $7.00
Creamy, sweet satisfaction in a glass!
- Creamy Vanilla Bean Cheesecake: With shortbread cookie crust. $8.00
You must ignore any preconceived notions you have about cheesecake. This cheesecake is light, almost fluffy, and the vanilla bean makes it very flavorful. You will love it! We did!
The Table offers a full bar service, beer, wine and soft drinks to accompany your meals. In addition to the Sunday brunch and daily dinner menus, there is a daily happy hour menu offered in the bar and lounge area. We found the wait staff to be very friendly, helpful in explaining the menu and special dishes, very attentive and professional.
Creating an exceptional dining experience on a daily basis is difficult for any restaurant. Yet The Table Creekside’s culinary excellence, innovative cuisine, and waterfront setting make it look routine!
Did I mention the waterfront setting?
The Table Creekside
5365 S. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34231