To celebrate her 27th birthday, Whitney Prewitt cooked up a fabulous feast of lamb chops and orzo in her tajine. But no birthday would be complete without popping the cork off a bottle of prosecco and watching the bubbles fizz around her favorite summer treat — frozen grapes.
Her cooking tip: “I always have my trusty glass of wine — or in this case, prosecco — when cooking.”
Lamb chops with artichoke lemon parsley orzo
Serves two people
8 lamb chops
1/4 cup of parsley
4 artichoke hearts, halved
1 cup orzo
Fresh cracked pepper
1. Season lamb chops lightly on both sides. Slice lemons and halve artichokes.
2. Warm cast iron skillet (can also use tagine) on medium heat with olive oil.
3. Sear lamb chops four to six minutes on both sides.
4. Cook orzo according to package directions.
5. Remove lamb chops from skillet and do not drain. Add lemon and artichoke hearts to skillet. Sauté and stir on low heat for one to two minutes. Add parsley and continue sautéing for two to three additional minutes.
6. Add orzo to pan and stir.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Contact Loren Mayo at [email protected].
Join the Neighborhood! Our 100% local content helps strengthen our communities by delivering news and information that is relevant to our readers. Support independent local journalism by joining the Observer's new membership program — The Newsies — a group of like-minded community citizens, like you. Be a Newsie.