Marina Sommers and her family have been the residents of Siesta Key for the last four years.
Sommers is currently enrolled in the NYC Institute for Integrative Nutrition, she is about to become an AADP Certified Health Coach. She says the Siesta Key's beauty has increased her passion for nutitrion and a healthy happy lifestyle.
Sommers says a healthy lifestyle has had a beneficial impact on her family. She's helped her dad to lose 20 lbs, her mom drop two dress sizes, and healed her daughter's digestive issues. Her main passion is working with busy moms reach their health and wellness goals.
One of Sommers’ favorite recipes is for a chilled avocado gazpacho. She says the dish is a hit with friends and family.
“Our western diet is notoriously acidic and this soup is an easy way to get highly alkaline food into your body to balance out acidity. It is packed with nutrition.”
Find more of Marina's health tips on her Facebook, website and blog:
Raw Summer Delight or Chilled Avocado Soup
• 1 Avocado
• 1/2 a cucumber or zucchini or cucumber
• 1/2 of tomato for soup and ½ for garnish
• 1 tbs olive oil.
• A slice of lemon or lime.
• 2 to 3 stalks of parsley.
• Sea salt unbleached to taste
• 1 to 2 cloves of garlic.
• You can add your favorite spices. It could be cumin, coriander, all spice mix, paprika, black pepper, or cayenne pepper.
• 1/2 cup of water. You can add later for desired consistency.
Blend all together, garnish with tomato, garbanzo beans, and parsley and enjoy!