Toast to spring with this fresh citrus cocktail.
- 1 ½ ounces vodka
- ½ ounce Aperol
- ½ ounce elderflower liquor
- ½ ounce fresh lime juice
- ½ ounce honey water
- 1 ounce fresh orange juice
- Finish with sparkling wine
- Reduce 1 cup of honey to 2 cups of water.
- In a shaker tin filled with ice, combine all ingredients except for sparkling wine and shake well. Strain into a highball or pilsner glass over fresh ice.
- Top with sparkling wine and garnish with edible flowers. Enjoy!
— Matthew Serrano, bar chef at the Table Creekside and Phillippi Creek Oyster Bar
Join the Neighborhood! Our 100% local content helps strengthen our communities by delivering news and information that is relevant to our readers. Support independent local journalism by joining the Observer's new membership program — The Newsies — a group of like-minded community citizens, like you. Be a Newsie.