When I think of celebrations, I always think of food. After all, what is a celebration without great food and drink? For me, dining at home or at one of my favorite restaurants is always a pleasure. However, when it comes to Mothers' Day, dining out is always my first choice. No other holiday is celebrated as widely at restaurants than that special day with Mom. Whether it is brunch, dinner or her favorite dish, treating Mom to a meal out is always a good choice.
We surveyed a few restaurants to dig into their special offers for Mothers' Day, and here is what we found:
- Ziti will hold its inaugural Sunday brunch from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., offering a complimentary mimosa with every entrée. For reservations, call (941) 706-1281. >>> Read our review of Ziti
- Made, the new restaurant at 1990 Main St., serves up delicious American comfort food and recently started serving Sunday brunch. Mothers' Day brunch will include regular menu items and specials from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. A complimentary mimosa comes with each entrée. For reservations, call (941) 953-2900 >>> Read our review of Made
- Libby’s Café + Bar is always a classic spot for dining out, offering their incredible Mothers' Day brunch from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. $35 adults/$14 kids (12 and under). For reservations, call (941) 487-7300.
- The Table Creekside's Mothers' Day Brunch for foodies will be offered from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. $20 per person includes the choice of three items plus a complimentary bloody Mary or mimosa. For reservations, call (941) 921-9465. >>> Read our review of The Table Creekside.
- Michael's on East opens on Sunday just twice a year (Easter and Mothers' Day) to offer families luscious holiday brunch buffets! This year’s Mothers' Day menu will be offered from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. $48.95 adults/$19.95 children ages 3 to 10. For reservations, call (941) 366-0007 ext. 224.
- Savory Street Café -- This Mothers' Day, Mom gets treated to a half-priced breakfast entrée. For reservations, call (941) 312-4027. >>> Read our review of Savory Street
- Fresh Start Café offers some of the finest baked goods in Sarasota. This understated location in Historic Burns Square has truly outstanding food. Open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily, Fresh Start will offer the regular menu plus specials for Mothers' Day. >>> Read our review of the Fresh Start Café
- Duval’s New World Café -- Pair endless mimosas with a perfectly scrumptious and tantalizing selection of brunch items. All-you-can-eat brunch is $20 per person. Add bottomless mimosas for only $15. Brunch is served from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. >>> Read our review of Duval's New World Café
- Café L’ Europe offers a special Mothers' Day brunch buffet including a complimentary mimosa from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. $39.95 for adults/$16.95 for children under 12. Call (941) 388-4415 for reservations.
- Louies Modern -- The new Sarasota hot spot for fine dining will offer an à la carte Mothers' Day brunch from 11:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., with dinner service starting at 4 p.m. For reservations, call (941) 552-9688.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota lays out a lavish buffet brunch with a 15-station culinary extravaganza. $119 adults/$49 children 12 and under. Reservations required: (941) 309-2000.
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar serves a special Mothers' Day brunch from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., priced at $36.95 with a $25 gift card for Mom. For reservations, call (941) 358-9463.
- The Bijou Café will serve a special Mothers' Day three-course menu in addition to the standard dinner menu from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. For reservations, call 941-366-8111. >>> Read our review of The Bijou Café
- Café Gabbiano awards all moms who dine with them a $15 gift card for their next visit. Service is from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. For reservations, call (941) 349-1423.
- Patrick’s 1481 -- A three-course meal for Mothers' Day at $22 per person will be available from 2 p.m. >>> Read our review of Patrick's 1481
- Ophelia’s on the Bay not only has waterfront dining at its best, but also a special à la carte Mothers' Day dinner menu from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Call (941) 349-2212 for reservations. >>> Read our review of Ophelia's on the Bay
Tenneva Jordan, who is famous for her quotes on mothers and motherhood, said, “A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” Even if your mother doesn't eat pie, I am certain there is a restaurant in Sarasota with plenty of food for her and your family to enjoy. So go out and celebrate Mom!
I wish a happy Mothers' Day to all mothers and those soon to be.