Longboat Key incident reports for the week of Sept. 20.
5:44 p.m. 600 block of Fox Street
Police were called to a report of an explosion caused by a propane gas tank. The explosion caused the soffit of the house to burn, which was put out by the Longboat Key Fire and Rescue Department.
FRIGHTENED OF COYOTES
11:43 p.m. 4300 block of Gulf of Mexico Drive
A Lakewood Ranch woman driving a limousine asked police if they could wait while she cleaned her vehicle. According to reports, the woman was nervous about being out so late, as well as red tide and reports of coyotes being in the area.
9:56 p.m. 3000 block of Grand Bay Boulevard
After an elevator became stuck in a condominium, an undisclosed amount of people were freed by Longboat Key Fire and Rescue Department.
ANOTHER STUCK ELEVATOR
7:54 a.m. 1200 block of Gulf of Mexico Drive
Following a call to police about a stuck condo elevator, Longboat Key Fire and Rescue Department were able to open it and rescue the person inside.