Over the past 11 years, The Columbia Restaurant has raised more than $925,000 for charities at its seven restaurants during the “Community Harvest” fundraiser. During the month of September, the restaurant provides a list of charities to diners. The customer chooses a charity, and The Columbia donates 5% of the check to that organization.
“It’s a way for us to partner with all these very special non-profits,” said Casey Gonzmart, chairman of The Columbia Restaurant. “Every year we hope to do better.”
This year, the St. Armands Circle restaurant, 411 St. Armands Circle, has partnered with the following 15 charities:
• American Cancer Society
• American Red Cross
• Animal Rescue Coalition
• Big Brothers/Big Sisters
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Sarasota County
• Children’s Cancer Center Inc.
• H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute
• Humane Society of Sarasota
• Make-A-Wish Foundation
• Mote Marine Laboratory
• Pediatric Cancer Foundation
• Salvation Army
• TideWell Hospice and Palliative Care
• The V Foundation for Cancer Research
• United Cerebral Palsy of Sarasota/Manatee
Contact Robin Hartill at [email protected].
Join the Neighborhood! Our 100% local content helps strengthen our communities by delivering news and information that is relevant to our readers. Support independent local journalism by joining the Observer's new membership program — The Newsies — a group of like-minded community citizens, like you. Be a Newsie.