+ Manatee presents revised flood maps
Manatee County government is inviting the public to look at newly revised, preliminary digital flood insurance rate maps for the county during an open house from 4 to 7 p.m. Monday, June 11, at Manatee High School, 902 33rd St. Court W., Bradenton.
The new maps show the extent to which areas are at risk for flooding and are used to help determine flood insurance and building requirements. At the open house, residents will be able to speak with a variety of specialists on topics such as flood insurance, engineering, building permits and more.
Manatee County’s preliminary maps have not yet been adopted and will become effective after a public comment period.
Individuals can visit mymanatee.org/mapviewer/index.jsp?type+dfirm for updates and to view maps.
+ River Club youth launches sixth annual can drive
Christina Meiser had a singular focus last weekend — to collect as many non-perishable goods as she could.
Saturday, June 2, the 16-year-old hosted her sixth annual canned good drive in the River Club community.
Participating River Club families left bags of non-perishable goods at their front doorstep in the morning, and Meiser and her team went door-to-door to pick them up. This year, Meiser’s team collected 1,467 cans. All donations were given to the Salvation Army
Meetings & Agendas
• Manatee County Board of County Com-missioners Land-use Meeting — 9 a.m. June 7, at 1112 Manatee Ave. W., Bradenton.
• Manatee County Board of County Commissioners Budget Meeting: Capital Improvement Program — 9 a.m. June 8, at 1112 Manatee Ave. W., Bradenton.
• Manatee County School Board Regular Meeting — 5:45 p.m. June 11, at 215 Manatee Ave. W., Bradenton.
• Manatee County Planning Commission — 9 a.m. June 14, at 1112 Manatee Ave. W., Bradenton.
• Manatee County Board of County Commissioners Budget Meeting — 6 p.m. June 14, at 112 Manatee Ave. W., Bradenton.