Professional Sales Executives
Beth’s comments are typical of our multimedia sales executives. If that sounds appealing to you, we’re looking for more energetic, entrepreneurial achievers who are outgoing and money-motivated.
- If you can talk with confidence to business owners to identify their goals …
- If you are willing to prospect and meet new people to learn about their business objectives …
- If you have high self-esteem and confidence …
- If your presentation skills separate you from the pack …
- If you are not easily intimidated by business owners who may be “old school” …
- If you are articulate and looking for the highest quality in your employer and in yourself …
… This is the place for an exciting and rewarding sales and marketing career!
We offer competitive compensation with the opportunity for six-figure earnings, full benefits and a culture that encourages innovation and entrepreneurism.
With Observer Media Group, you find a company that offers rewarding work that makes a difference in the community. It’s a place where the company’s leaders value all their associates and are committed to helping them grow and succeed — professionally, personally and financially. It’s a place where everyone strives for excellence.
We have immediate openings in Sarasota, Winter Garden-Windermere, Winter Park, Palm Coast, Port Orange and Jacksonville.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Penny DiGregorio, Advertising Sales Manager,
1970 Main St., 3rd Floor
Sarasota, FL 34236
Our graphic designers not only win Addys for their advertising designs, but they also are award-winning designers of special dog couture.
The #1 trait of our graphic designers is creative flair. But they also understand the principles of effective advertising design — being able to work with our advertising sales team to conceptualize and execute print and digital ads that generate response and create memorable brands for our customers.
Our designers must have a thorough grasp and flair for style and proportion; and how type, fonts and color work with images. In addition to advertising design, our designers also create brochures, media kits, posters, letterhead; business cards; and all varieties of digital ads — animated, videos, interstitial, etc.
Ideal candidates have a positive attitude; are able to work in a collaborative, team environment; and must be able to meet deadlines and work under deadline pressure.
We offer a competitive compensation plan, including full benefits, dynamic, fast-paced work environment; and the opportunity to grow professionally.
We currently have openings for a graphic designer in the Sarasota and Winter Garden locations.
Please send cover letter, resume and five samples of recent work to:
Caleb Stanton, Creative Director
County beat reporter
Are you fascinated by the action behind government decisions? Do you delight in dissecting budgets and seeking out stories in agendas and public records? Do you look for the bigger story of not just of what happened, but what it means and what’s likely to happen next?
If so, you might be our ideal candidate. The Sarasota Observer has an immediate opening for a reporter who will cover Sarasota County government, its school board and its neighborhoods, including Siesta Key, which Dr. Beach consistently ranks as one of the world’s best. You’ll be asked to produce both hard-hitting news and light-hearted features.
We’re looking for someone who can capably find fresh angles in a government meeting and also find scoops at the neighborhood level. For us, a bar room, coffee shop or neighborhood association picnic will often yield better stories than a meeting or news release.
Here are a few signs this could be the job for you:
- You’d rather be in the field chasing stories than sitting in your desk.
- You consider local politics as one of your favorite spectator sports.
- You’re confident in your news judgment and aren’t afraid to argue with your editor about whether to pursue a story or what belongs on the front page.
- You love reading as much as you love writing.
- You always have a Plan B ready in case stories fall through.
- You thrive on competition and aren’t interested in simply doing what others have already done.
- You have a love of journalism, knowledge of AP style, rapport with sources, knack for details, ability to hit deadlines and desire to constantly improve your craft.
- Bonus points: You have photography and video skills.
The Sarasota Observer is part of the Observer Media Group, a family-owned and operated multimedia company based in Sarasota, Fla. The company publishes 13 weekly newspapers throughout Florida, along with seven websites. Altogether, our newspapers and websites reach more than 400,000 readers weekly.
While our print papers are weekly, we are a daily news operation, posting breaking news and features on our website, YourObserver.com.
Best yet? We’re GROWING. If you’re looking for a company in which to grow and continue to build your reporting skills, this is the place for you.
Pay is competitive and commensurate with experience. Full benefits are included.
Please email your resume, including references, three to five clips, and a note explaining why you’re the ideal candidate for the job to Managing Editor Eric Garwood at [email protected]
No phone calls, please.