Multimedia Advertising Sales Executives
Beth’s comments are typical of our multimedia sales executives. If that sounds appealing to you, here’s what it takes to be an OMG multimedia sales executive:
- Self-starter, energetic, unafraid, focused.
- Impeccable integrity.
- A people person.
- Great communicator, great listener.
- High intelligence.
- Customer oriented.
- An achiever.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to find and engage new prospects and turn them into lasting customers.
- Desire to succeed and win.
We offer competitive compensation with the opportunity for six-figure earnings. The plan includes base, commission, bonus opportunities, full benefits and a dynamic work environment.
We have immediate openings in Sarasota, Winter Garden-Windermere, Winter Park, Palm Coast, Port Orange and Jacksonville.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Penny DiGregorio, Advertising Sales Manager,
1970 Main St., 3rd Floor
Sarasota, FL 34236
Our graphic designers not only win Addys for their advertising designs, but they also are award-winning designers of special dog couture.
The #1 trait of our graphic designers is creative flair. But they also understand the principles of effective advertising design — being able to work with our advertising sales team to conceptualize and execute print and digital ads that generate response and create memorable brands for our customers.
Our designers must have a thorough grasp and flair for style and proportion; and how type, fonts and color work with images. In addition to advertising design, our designers also create brochures, media kits, posters, letterhead; business cards; and all varieties of digital ads — animated, videos, interstitial, etc.
Ideal candidates have a positive attitude; are able to work in a collaborative, team environment; and must be able to meet deadlines and work under deadline pressure.
We offer a competitive compensation plan, including full benefits, dynamic, fast-paced work environment; and the opportunity to grow professionally.
We currently have openings for a graphic designer in the Sarasota and Winter Garden locations.
Please send cover letter, resume and five samples of recent work to:
Caleb Stanton, Creative Director
News and feature writer
Do you love digging out the most engaging stories from your community? Can you share that story with your audience through the written word, photos and video? Are you comfortable navigating social media?
Those characteristics are essential, but only part of what it takes to join innovative, award-winning news teams at the Observer Media Group.
When you become a reporter at the Observer Media Group, you join a close-knit, fun team that is building for the future. You would be working with experienced editors and a fun staff.
We’re looking for a self-starter who will quickly become the go-to person for all community news and events in the area.
- Cover community events and take compelling, creative photos
- Plan multimedia content to package with stories
- Write weekly feature stories on community issues/events and residents
- Cover news stories as needed and always be seeking story ideas
- Upload photo events to the website/Facebook; help maintain the Observer’s social media pages
- Contribute content, including photos and stories, to special sections throughout the year
- Serve as an outstanding representative of the paper in the community
- Good photography skills; good eye for detail
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Great organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and multitask
- Team player
- Proficient in using social media as a news tool
- Night and weekend availability is a must; however, you will work closely with your editor to balance your schedule with time off during the week.
The work environment is dynamic, innovative and fast-paced. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Full benefits are included.
Email your resume, including references, three to five clips and a note explaining why you’re the ideal candidate for the job to Executive Editor Kat Hughes, [email protected]. Please put “community reporter” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.