Join a winning team known for exceeding its goals and always aiming to lead the pack.
Creative Services is currently seeking a graphic designer to work in its Sarasota location.
Designer will be responsible for creating ads for a variety of publications including print and online and support materials.
Ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, be able to meet deadlines and work well in a team environment. Experience in Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat a must.
Please send cover letter, resume and five samples of recent work to Caleb Stanton, Creative Director at [email protected]
MultiMedia Advertising Consultant
JOIN A WINNING TEAM!
Are you a self-starter? Are you persuasive, energetic and focused? Do you build strong relationships?
We are growing on all fronts. We are looking for a strong sales candidate to sell our complete media offerings including print, digital and niche publications. Top candidates will have a proven track record of overcoming obstacles, achieving goals and engaging a diverse range of personalities.
The Observer Media Group is a highly regarded, family owned multimedia publisher serving a premier target audience in Sarasota & Manatee County.
We offer generous compensation, bonus opportunities, full benefits and a dynamic work environment.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Penny DiGregorio, Advertising Sales Manager
1970 Main St., 3rd Floor
Sarasota, FL 34236
or [email protected]
Are you fascinated by the action behind government decisions? Do you delight in dissecting budgets and seeking out stories in agendas? Do you look for the bigger story of not just of what happened, but what it means?
If so, you might be our ideal candidate. The Sarasota Observer has an immediate opening for a reporter who will cover Sarasota County neighborhoods, including Siesta Key, which Dr. Beach ranked the No. 1 beach in America in 2015, and produce both hard-hitting news stories and features.
We’re looking for someone who will find scoops at the neighborhood level; our ideal candidate will know that a bar room, coffee shop or neighborhood association picnic will often yield better stories than a government meeting or news release.
The job isn’t a fit for everyone, but here are a few signs it could be for you:
- You’d rather be in the field chasing stories than sitting in your desk.
- You consider local politics as one of your favorite spectator sports.
- You’re confident in your news judgment and aren’t afraid to argue you’re your editor about whether to pursue a story or what belongs on the front page.
- You love reading as much as you love writing.
- You always have a Plan B ready in case stories fall through.
- You have a love of journalism, knowledge of AP style, rapport with sources, knack for details, ability to hit deadlines and desire to constantly improve your craft.
- Bonus points: You have photography and video skills.
Please email your resume, including references, three to five clips, and a note explaining why you’re the ideal candidate for the job to Executive Editor Kat Hughes at [email protected]. Please put “county reporter” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.
News and feature writer
Do you love digging out the most engaging stories from your community? Can you share that story with your audience through the written word, photos and video? Are you comfortable navigating social media?
If the above description fits you, check out our opening for a news and feature writer with the Observer Media Group.
You would be joining a close-knit, fun team that is building for the future. You would be living in an area that is quite simply, one of the most beautiful places on Earth. You would be working with experienced editors and a fun staff.
We’re looking for a self-starter who will quickly become the go-to person for all community news and events in the area.
- Cover community events and take compelling, creative photos
- Plan multimedia content to package with stories
- Write weekly feature stories on community issues/events and residents
- Cover news stories as needed and always be seeking story ideas
- Upload photo events to the website/Facebook; help maintain the Observer’s social media pages
- Contribute content, including photos and stories, to special sections throughout the year
- Serve as an outstanding representative of the paper in the community
- Good photography skills; good eye for detail
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Great organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and multitask
- Team player
- Proficient in using social media as a news tool
- Night and weekend availability is a must; however, you will work closely with your editor to balance your schedule with time off during the week.
- Pay is competitive and commensurate with experience. Full benefits are included.
Please email your resume, including references, three to five clips, and a note explaining why you’re the ideal candidate for the job to Executive Editor Kat Hughes at [email protected]. Please put “community reporter” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.