Despite relatively cloudy skies this afternoon, be on alert for more rain and wind as Tropical Storm Debby passes is expected to pass through the Florida Panhandle.
Follow yourobserver.com for updates on the storms progression in the Sarasota area and for breaking weather alerts, follow our twitter, @ObserverGroup.
• Sarasota County Water Reclamation Facilities reaching treatment capacity
Residents are urged to reduce water usage.
• More than 50 Key homes without power
FPL is working to restore power to homes affected by Tropical Storm Debby.
• Downtown braces for more rain
Sarasota County is under a tornado watch until 2 p.m. today.
• Stretch of Beach Road on Siesta Key closed
The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office this morning closed 0.7 miles of Beach Road as rain bands from Tropical Storm Debby continue to assail Siesta.
• Rain continues in Lakewood Ranch
Residents of Lakewood Ranch and the surrounding East County community have continued to see strong winds and rain today.
•Debby takes Longboat by storm
Flooding, debris and power outages have been reported throughout the Key.