From 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. Sunday, runners will be participating in the First Watch Sarasota Half Marathon. As a result, the Sarasota Police Department announced, temporary lane closures will be ongoing throughout the city.
The race, which begins at the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall parking lot, will take runners south to Gulfstream Avenue, over the Ringling Bridge to St. Armands Circle, back across the bridge and north on U.S. 41 to University Parkway.
The SPD announcement advised that the following locations would experience temporary road closures during the race:
• Southbound U.S. 41, from University Parkway to Gulfstream Avenue.
• Gulfstream Avenue and John Ringling Boulevard at U.S. 41.
• Westbound John Ringling Boulevard, from U.S. 41 to St. Armands Circle.
• Eastbound John Ringling Boulevard, from St. Armands Circle to Bayfront Drive. Starting at Golden Gate Point, westbound lanes on John Ringling Boulevard will be closed to traffic so racers can run along the street. Eastbound and westbound traffic will share the eastbound lanes from Golden Gate Point to St. Armands Circle.
• Southbound U.S. 41 and Gulfstream Avenue. One lane will be available for beach traffic making westbound turns.
• Northbound U.S. 41 and Gulfstream Avenue. One turn lane will be available for beach traffic, and the other will be closed. The northbound lanes will remain open.
Contact David Conway at [email protected].