Restaurant name: Station 400
Owners: Eric Bein and Ellie May Rinchich
Address: 400 North Lemon Ave.
Hours: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday through Saturday
Known for: Uniquely simple, tasty breakfast fare and a fresh lunch classics
Nutella Belgian Waffle with strawberry sauce, banana brulee and vanilla bean whipped cream
Nutella Waffle Batter
1 ¾ cup AP flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 ¾ cup milk
½ cup melted butter
1 cup Nutella spread
1. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a sieve and sift into large bowl.
2. Combine milk, eggs and butter in separate bowl and whisk. Add the wet ingredient mixture to the dry and whisk thoroughly.
3. Slightly warm the Nutella spread in the microwave until it can be easily poured. Incorporate thoroughly into batter and allow to rest at least 30 minutes.
4. Ladle batter into waffle iron and cook for two minutes until lightly crisp.
5. Meanwhile, cut banana in half, sprinkle the cut side liberally with sugar and lightly caramelize with torch or under a low broiler.
6. Serve immediately garnished with whipped cream, sliced strawberries, banana brulee and whipped cream.
Contact Loren Mayo at firstname.lastname@example.org.