+ Jebco plans apartments on Ringling Boulevard
Atlanta-based Jebco Ventures Inc., which also has a Sarasota office, has purchased two acres of commercial property at 1750 Ringling Blvd. for $1.5 million from Fifth-Third Bank. The property is the site of the former Atrium project.
Jebco CEO Jim Bridges told the Sarasota Observer earlier this year that his company plans to build 75 apartments and a mix of low-rise office buildings on the newly acquired property.
Bridges, a longtime commercial builder, wants to build something different in the city in which he lives.
“I haven’t done a rental apartment in quite a few years, but there’s a need for them in downtown Sarasota,” Bridges said.
Jebco’s hotel proposal on the lot next to the Palm Avenue parking garage is being considered by city staff, and the company is also building a future Goodwill super tore on the North Trail.
Meetings & Agendas
• Coalition of City Neighborhood Association Meeting — 9 a.m. Saturday, April 7, Waldemere Fire Station, 2070 Waldemere St., Sarasota.
• Southside Village Business Association Meeting — 8:30 a.m. Monday, April 9, Libby’s Café + Bar, 1917 S. Osprey Ave., Sarasota.
• St. Armands Business Improvement District Board of Directors Meeting — 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 10, City Hall, Room 109, 1565 First St., Sarasota.
• Sarasota County Commission Regular Meeting — 9 a.m. Wednesday, April 11, Administration Center, Commission Chamber, 1660 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota.
• Sarasota City Commission Regular Meeting — 2:30 and 6 p.m. Monday, April 16, City Hall, Commission Chamber, 1565 First St., Sarasota.