+ Port Dolphin sand deal signed
Town Manager Dave Bullock announced Wednesday in an email to commissioners that he has signed the offshore lease with the U.S. Department of the Interior (Bureau of Ocean Energy Management) for access to the sand that lies under the Port Dolphin natural-gas pipeline project on the floor of the Gulf.
“The town has been working on this lease for some time,” Bullock wrote. “This lease secures our access to this sand for future beach projects.”
Public Works Director Juan Florensa said the town has until June 2013 to take approximately 300,000 cubic yards of sand for use for a future beach project.
Meetings & Agendas
• Town Commission Regular Workshop — 1 p.m. Monday, Oct. 15.
• Planning and Zoning Regular Meeting — 9 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 16.
• Town Commission Regular Meeting — 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 5.
• Zoning Board of Adjustment Regular Meeting — 9:30 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 8.
• Code Enforcement Board Regular Meeting — 10 a.m. Monday, Nov. 12.
All meetings take place at Town Hall, 501 Bay Isles Road, unless otherwise noted.