Skip to main content
News
Longboat Key Friday, Oct. 23, 2009 5 years ago

Disaster relief: All smoke, no fire at Harry's

Share
by: Robin Hartill Managing Editor

Longboat Key firefighter/paramedics entered Harry’s Continental Kitchens yesterday carrying hoses and wearing firefighting gear. At least two ambulances were on the scene, along with Longboat Key Police, who directed traffic from St. Judes Drive through the parking lot of The Longboat Observer and the Longboat Key, Lido Key, St. Armands Key Chamber of Commerce.

But the passersby who stopped to watch the situation unfold can breath a sigh of (disaster) relief:

A gas line broke, creating smoke, a hissing sound and a smell. Owner Harry Christensen called 911 and evacuated the four people inside as a precaution.

“Nobody got hurt,” Christensen said. “Everybody got out okay.”

Christensen said that employees were able to re-enter the building after approximately one hour.
 

Related Stories