Summer is just around the corner, and you know what that means — beaches, boating, barbecues — and I know you're dying to fit into that cute bikini you just saw at the mall.
If you're like a lot of people, you might not always have time to make it to the gym, but there's no reason you can't still get in shape. I've put together a short workout that you can do in the comfort of your own home — no equipment needed.
I've divided the workout into four circuits, and you can customize the number of sets, according to your level of experience. Any way you do it, you're sure to look great this beach season.
The Bikini-Body Workout
CIRCUIT 1: (Repeat three times)
- Squats with an alternating leg lift — 10 reps on each side. Be sure to keep your chest up and your butt tucked under.
- Alternating lateral lunges — 10 reps on each side.
- Plank with a leg lift — 10 reps on each side. Be sure to keep your abs flexed tight and your back nice and flat.
CIRCUIT 2: (Repeat three times)
- Elbow plank with rotation — 10 reps on each side.
- Push-ups — 20 reps. No knees! Let's do real push-ups.
- Plank jacks — 20 reps.
- Mountain climbers — 50 reps.
CIRCUIT 3: (Repeat three times)
- Bulgarian lunges — 15 reps on each side.
- Bridge with leg lift — 15 reps on each side.
- Pike press — 15 reps on each side.
CIRCUIT 4 (Repeat 3 times)
- V-ups — 20 reps.
- Bicycles — 50 reps.
- Sit-ups — 20 reps.
- Heel taps — 50 reps.
For an extra challenge, finish by doing one set of one rep of each exercise listed above.