One of the easiest ways to stay on track with healthy eating is to prepare your week's meals in advance. This week, I'm going to show you a quick and easy meal prep that's healthy — and tastes good. There's even a dessert.
Meal: (makes 3 meals)
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 ½ cups quinoa
- diced red onion
- 18 tbsp liquid egg whites (6 tbsp per meal)
- 4 cups spinach
- tofu noodles (optional 1 package per meal)
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions
- Begin cooking chicken breasts — don't forget your seasoning!
- While chicken and quinoa are cooking, pour liquid egg whites in a microwave-safe bowl and cook until completely done.
- Peel and cut veggies and place them in containers.
- Continue flipping and cooking chicken. The quinoa should be done at this point.
- Add spinach to meal containers.
- Mix chopped red onions and egg whites into cooked quinoa and divide into four containers on top of spinach.
- Slice and dice cooked chicken and place on top of meals.
- Voila! Your meals are complete!
- ½ red, yellow and orange peppers
- ½ cucumber
- 2 tbsp edamame hummus
Peanut Butter Protein Balls: (makes 16 balls)
- 1 cup PB2
- 2/3 cup Joseph's all natural sugar-free syrup
- 1 tsp alt
- 1 cup Garden of Life raw vanilla protein powder
- 1 squeeze pouch chocolate hazelnut butter
- 1 handful semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients in bowl
- Freeze in freezer for 10 minutes
- Remove from freezer and add chocolate chips
- Roll dough into 16 small balls and place back in freezer for an hour.
Enjoy! I even took the liberty to break down the macros for this yummy treat — you're welcome!
Serving size: 1 ball
Carbs: 4.5 g
Fats: 1.5 g
Protein: 5.2 g