Restaurant name: Café Don Giovanni
Owner and Head Chef: Emilio Alessandro
Address: 5610 Gulf of Mexico Dr.
Date established: 2001
Hours: Open 4:30 to 10 p.m. daily; closed on Mondays starting June 1
Known for: Serving traditional Italian food, including homemade pasta, in a casual atmosphere
2 cups spinach
4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
¼ cup white wine
touch of heavy cream
2 ounces parmesan
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 ounces veal divided into 8 pieces
1. Using a kitchen mallot or cleaver, pound each piece of veal between two pieces of wax paper until thin but not torn.
2. Remove veal from wax paper and spread a thin layer of spinach and gorgonzola cheese over veal.
3. Tightly roll each piece of veal like a burrito.
4. Saute the rolled-up pieces of veal in a medium sized cooking pan at high heat with two tablespoons olive oil for several minutes.
5. Drain the oil and add white wine, cream and parmesan cheese to the pan, continue to cook for two more minutes.
6. Remove veal from pan and bake for six minutes at 370 degrees.