County government offices, as well as other administrative resources, are among those that will be closed.
In observance of Presidents Day on Monday, Feb. 18, many of the Sarasota County government offices will be closed during normal business hours.
But if you’re left wondering which specific resources are to be affected, here’s how Sarasota County plans to observe the holiday:
What will be closed for the day
- Sarasota County Government offices.
- The SCAT administration office as well as the downtown transfer station customer service window.
- Sarasota County's chemical collection center (250 S. Jackson Road).
- Libraries and historical resources.
- Knight Trail Park pistol and rifle range.
- All county recreation centers.
- The administrative office at the chemical collection center (8750 Bee Ridge Road).
- Sarasota County Contracted Human Services and Veterans Services.
What will operate during normal business hours
- The Florida Department of Health.
- The trash and recyclable collection schedule.
- Regular bus services through SCAT.
- The Siesta Key Breeze Trolley.
- Sarasota County's chemical collection center (8750 Bee Ridge Road).
- The Citizens' Convenience Center (4010 Knights Trail Road, Nokomis).