1. He was Singles Champion and Doubles Champion at Longboat Key Club and Resort in 1978.
2. He loves Oreos, Snickers bars and McDonalds Apple Pies.
3. He wrote a newsletter, “Newspaper Management,” and 1/3 of daily newspapers in the country subscribed to it.
4. Only one other person in the history of Longboat Key served as many consecutive terms as mayor.
5. When his family was looking at places to live in Florida, they stopped in Gainseville and his wife Marge and son Charlie wouldn’t get out of the car. “We want to move to Longboat Key!” they said.