You can see Jamie Gregorich on the season premier of “Hell’s Kitchen at 8 p.m. Monday, July 18, on FOX. But until then, learn more about the Euphemia Haye chef with our candid Q&A.
1. STARER COURSE: Gregorich got her start in the kitchen at Peach’s Restaurant in Bradenton.
2. BOILING POINT: Gregorich admits she didn’t know how to boil water when she enrolled at the Manatee Culinary Institute. But clearly she learned her lesson: Today, she is an instructor.
3. ON THE MENU: Her most requested recipe is char-grilled grouper topped with a mango/pineapple salsa, which Gregorich describes as “a burst of sweet, tart, spicy and refreshing flavors dancing on your palate.” But at home, she likes to make homemade potato chips with a hint of salt and pepper.
4. COOLING OFF: On an off-day, you’re likely to find her by the pool.
5. TAKING THE HEAT: The evidence of past kitchen disasters are on her forearms. “Burns baby, burns,” she says.
Contact Robin Hartill at [email protected].
Join the Neighborhood! Our 100% local content helps strengthen our communities by delivering news and information that is relevant to our readers. Support independent local journalism by joining the Observer's new membership program — The Newsies — a group of like-minded community citizens, like you. Be a Newsie.