+ Bollards out to bid
The Sarasota County purchasing department posted Dec. 7 the advertisement for contractors to bid on the project to improve Siesta Key Village crosswalk lighting.
Beacon Products, one of the firms that participated in live product demonstrations this summer, will not submit a quote because it doesn’t produce concrete bollards as chosen by Siesta Key Village Association and Siesta Key Association representatives.
The solicitation is for 14 bollards to be placed at seven crosswalks in the Village with a $50,000 limit for quotes. County staff had estimated the total cost would be approximately $32,000 for installation and manufacturing.
Contractors’ quotes are due Jan. 9, after which county procurement staff will choose the lowest responsive bidder.
+ Patterson kicks off Condo Council season
Sarasota County Commissioner Nora Patterson will speak at the first Siesta Key Condominium Council meeting of 2013.
The meeting will take place at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 15, at the Siesta Key Presbyterian Chapel, east of the Village.
Members will hold a half-hour meet-and-greet prior to the meeting with refreshments, according to the meeting agenda.
Topics included in the council’s agenda for Patterson to discuss are:
• Proposed dredging of New Pass and Big Pass
• Additional usage of Orioles stadium
• Siesta Key flood control
• Siesta Key public beach improvements
+ County Commission elects chairwoman
Sarasota County commissioners elected Carolyn Mason as board chairwoman and newly-elected District 5 Commissioner Charles Hines as vice chairman during a Dec. 7 retreat.
Mason will replace Commissioner Christine Robinson as the leader at board meetings starting in January.
Also at the retreat, Commissioner Nora Patterson chose to keep her spot on the board of the West Coast Inland Navigation District, which provides grants and oversight for waterway maintenance.
Meetings & Agendas
• Sarasota Schools Charter Review Committee meeting — 3 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 13, Landings Administrative Complex, Conf. Room 315, 1980 Landings Blvd., Sarasota
• Bicycle, Pedestrian, Trails Advisory Committee meeting — 5:30 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 18, Nokomis Community Center, 234 Nippino Trail E., Nokomis
• Sarasota Development Review Committee meeting — 9 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 19, City Hall, Room 112, 1565 First St., Sarasota
• Sarasota County Planning Commission public hearing — 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 20, Administration Building, Commission Chambers, 1660 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota
• Siesta Isles Association meeting — 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 20, St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Church, 5394 Midnight Pass, Siesta Key
Currently 0 Responses
31 Homes for our Troops Golf Tournament
31 7th Annual Military Ball
6 Menchie's - FREE Froyo National Frozen Yogurt Day
4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
7 Manatee Audubon - OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am