+ Hines’ first day on the commission is Dec. 4
Tuesday, Dec. 4, marks the first Sarasota County Commission meeting for Nokomis attorney Charles Hines, who was sworn in for his District 5 seat Nov. 20.
Hines takes the South County seat from 12-year commissioner Jon Thaxton, who was ineligible to run due to term limits.
Commissioner Carolyn Mason and Commission Chairwoman Christine Robinson were also sworn in after winning re-elections. Commissioners Joe Barbetta and Nora Patterson, who represents Siesta Key, will reach their term limits in 2014.
Meetings & Agendas
• Criminal Justice Commission meeting — Noon Monday, Dec. 3, Third Floor Think Tank, Administration Building, 1660 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota
• Siesta Key Village Association meeting — 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 4, Daiquiri Deck Raw Bar, 5250 Ocean Blvd., Siesta Key
• Sarasota County Commission meeting — 9 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 4, R.L. Anderson Administration Building, 4000 S. Tamiami Trail, Venice
• Sarasota County Commission meeting — 9 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 5, Commission Chambers, Administration Building, 1660 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota
• Siesta Key Association meeting — 4:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, St. Boniface Episcopal Church, 5615 Midnight Pass, Siesta Key
Currently 0 Responses
22 Manatee PAL Golf Classic
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
2 Spring Women's Conference with nat'l recording artist, Candy Pfeifer
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
2 2nd annual Glow Run
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
9 2nd annual DeBartolo Family Foundation All-In For ALS Casino Night