Chef Harry Christensen, owner of Harry’s Continental Kitchens, has been in the food-service business on Longboat Key since 1979. A native of Green Bay, Wis., Harry first started his cooking career working at the Green Bay Packers’ training camp cafeteria.
Christensen and his wife, Lynn, moved to Florida after working at the Waldorf Astoria, in New York. In 1979, Christensen, at age 24, opened Continental Kitchens, a gourmet take-out and deli. Since then, Christensen’s Continental Kitchens has expanded to offer catering, fine dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and a convenience store offering quality produce, meats and prepared meals. The business still offers its deli and take-out services, as well.
For more about Harry’s Continental Kitchens, visit harryskitchen.com. Enjoy a recipe and demonstrational video for Christensen’s Steak Harwood below. For more about Sarasota-Manatee Fresh Originals, visit freshoriginals.com.
• 2 4-ounce filet mignons, seasoned with Harry’s Rub
1 tablespoon butter
1 pinch chopped garlic
1 pinch chopped shallots
2 ounces Dijon mustard
2 ounces brown sugar
6 ounces port wine
2 ounces demi-glaze
1. Season filets with Harry’s Rub and sear on both sides.
2. Top each with mustard and brown sugar.
3. Finish in a hot oven to caramelize sugar and cook to required temperature. (According to foodsafety.gov, minimum internal temperature of beef should be 160 degrees Fahrenheit.)
4. Sautée shallots and garlic with butter.
5. Deglaze pan with wine and demi-glaze and reduce sauce.
6. Top filets with sauce.
To get more In The Kitchen recipes and watch more In The Kitchen videos with The Sarasota-Manatee Originals, click here.
Currently 0 Responses
19 Easter Vigil
8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
20 Holy Eucharist Rite I
7:45 am - 8:45 am
20 Holy Eucharist Contemporary Family Service w/Nursery Care
9:00 am - 10:00 am
20 Easter Egg Hunt
10:00 am - 11:00 am