In an effort to quash prescription drug abuse, Sarasota County law enforcement will run a countywide program to gather unneeded medications — no questions asked.
On Saturday, Oct. 26, area residents can turn in expired or unused solid dosage medications for safe disposal during the National Prescription Drug Turn-In Event.
Liquids and needles will not be accepted, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
The event, which will run from 10:00 a.m. through 2:00 p.m., is part of a national campaign to raise awareness about drug abuse, prevention programs and educational efforts.
National Red Ribbon Week, which runs Oct. 23 through Oct. 31, featured several area events, including a Tuesday presentation to the Sarasota Board of County Commissioners and a Friday candle light vigil at Blalock Park in Venice.
Sarasota County law enforcement locations participating in Saturday’s drug take-back event include:
• 2071 Ringling Boulevard-Sarasota County Sherriff’s Office
• 2099 Adams Lane; Sarasota Police Department
• 501 College Drive; New College Police Department
• 1350 Ridgewood Avenue; Venice Police Department
• 4531 State Road 776; Sarasota County Sherriff’s Office
• 4980 City Hall Boulevard; North Port Police Department
Residents can call 552-2078 for more information.
Contact Nolan Peterson at email@example.com
Currently 0 Responses
24 Food Fight
6:00 am - 11:00 pm
26 Lakewood Ranch Republican Club Luncheon
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
27 KidsCreate: Outdoor Pinting for Children
9:00 am - 11:00 am
27 Health & Wellness Expo
10:00 am - 1:00 pm