+ Fresh flag flies in Siesta Key Village
The fading state flag of Florida flying over the gazebo in the heart of Siesta Key Village was replaced last week, less than a week before Championship Landscape Maintenance Professionals took over Village upkeep duties Monday, Sept. 10.
Sarasota County paid for the new flag and its installation, because Public Works staff worked to bring the Village up to “resort-style” quality before the new private firm began maintenance.
Sarasota County mobility staff member Ryan Montague said the county will keep a presence in the Village for the next several months to ease the transition for Championship, which also maintains the Longboat Key Club and Resort.
Meetings & Agendas
• Light Up the Village planning meeting — 2 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 13, Cheryl Gaddie Designs office, 5032 Calle Minorga, Siesta Key
• Public Financing Advisory Board meeting — 3 p.m. Monday, Sept. 17, Administration Building, A/B conference room, second floor, 1660 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota
• Citizen Tax Oversight Committee — 3 p.m. Monday, Sept. 17, Administration Building, 1660 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota
• FDOT Midnight Pass crosswalks open house — 5 p.m. Monday, Sept. 17, St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Church, 5394 Midnight Pass Road, Siesta Key
• Siesta Isles Association meeting — 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 20, St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Church, 5394 Midnight Pass Road, Siesta Key
Currently 0 Responses
11 Shoreline Church Launch
10:00 am - 11:30 am
12 Scramble for SPARCC
7 Manatee Audubon - OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
21 "Fall in Love with the Haven" 60th Anniversary Celebration