Students went back to school Monday, but class will be back in session Tuesday for the Sarasota County School Board.
The School Board will meet Aug. 20 for its first board meeting and monthly work session of the 2013-2014 school year.
The two meetings, which begin at 12:30 p.m., will cover a broad agenda, including whether to make breakfast and lunch meals available to students enrolled in Head Start programs in various area high schools; ratification of the reassignment of students to schools within Sarasota County; a $5 surcharge on all civil traffic citations in the county to enhance driver education programs; and planned improvements to the Bay Haven School of Basics Plus.
Other topics to be discussed at Tuesday’s meetings include:
• Amendment to the temporary hourly salary schedule to include additional mentoring activities.
• The purchase of a $50,920 breathing apparatus for the SCTI Fire Academy.
• Approval of facilities services’ change orders, totaling a decrease of $134,357.50 in gross contract dollars.
• Various facility improvement projects.
• Mandated ethics training programs.
• Charter school policy for supplemental funds.
The Sarasota County School Board monthly work session and board meetings are scheduled to begin at 12:30 p.m., Aug. 20, at the Landings Administrative Complex, 1980 Landings Blvd., Sarasota.
Residents can call 927-9000 for more information.
Contact Nolan Peterson at email@example.com
Currently 0 Responses
8 GNC Center for Building Hope Race Series
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
8 Polo Under the Palms
3:00 pm - 10:00 pm
12 LWRBA March Membership Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
12 March Membership Luncheon
15 Irish Celtic 5K, Lakewood Ranch
8:00 am - 10:00 am
15 Palma Sola Botanical Park plants, antiques and crafts sale
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
22 5th Annual Ponies for Pups
22 Lakewood Ranch Community Fund 'Havana Nights' Gala