The Sarasota County Commission meets today and tomorrow to discuss a variety of countywide topics that include modifications to a Siesta Key beach access and future building heights for county barrier islands.
During its meeting today at the Robert L. Anderson Administration Center, 4000 S. Tamiami Trail, Venice, the commission:
• Approved a Florida Power & Light interconnection that will activate the interconnection of the county-owned photovoltaic system.
• Approved Try Transit Day for the Sarasota County Area Transit (SCAT) bus system, which offers free rides April 19 on all regular fixed-route buses.
During its 9 a.m. Wednesday, April 9 regular meeting in the Administration Center, Commission Chamber, 1660 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota, the commission will:
• Consider approving an Englewood Recreation Center playground for $110,000, a Pinecraft Park playground for $100,000, and a Newtown Estates Park playground for $100,000.
• Consider approving barrier island building height and setback requirements. Commissioners will hold a public hearing to consider an ordinance to allow adopted Critical Area Plans (CAPs) to establish a maximum height and minimum setback on barrier islands, heights along the Intracoastal Waterway, and to establish the maximum height allowed by the adoption of a CAP.
• Consider approving a new beach access point on Siesta Key at Beach Access 12 for service and emergency vehicles.
• Consider approving building and construction requirements in flood-prone areas. Commissioners will discuss recommendations for an ordinance on the market value related to building construction requirements in flood-prone areas.
For more information on the county’s meetings this wee, pick up copies of the Thursday, March 12 Sarasota Observer and Pelican Press.
Contact Kurt Schultheis at email@example.com
Currently 0 Responses
20 First Responders Community Day
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
24 Food Fight
6:00 am - 11:00 pm
26 Lakewood Ranch Republican Club Luncheon
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
27 KidsCreate: Outdoor Pinting for Children
9:00 am - 11:00 am