Siesta Key public beach was listed as No. 2 on the top 25 beaches in the United States right after Ka'anapali Beach in Lahaina, Hawai, on tripadvisor's 2013 'Travelers' Choice' list.
According to a press release, Traveler's Choice Beaches Awards are based on quality and quantity of traveler reviews and ratings for beaches gathered over a twelve month period.
"For those planning their summer vacations, spring break trips, or just looking for a weekend escape from the winter doldrums, take inspiration from TripAdvisor travelers that have visited these beaches and given them the highest levels of praise," said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor. "These beaches provide some of the finest spots around the globe to enjoy water activities, sun and sand."
The top 10 beaches in the U.S. include:
1. Ka'anapali Beach, Lahaina, Hawaii
2. Siesta Key Public Beach, Sarasota, Florida
3. Gulf Islands National Seashore, Pensacola, Florida
4. Fort De Soto Park, Tierra Verde, Florida
5. Lanikai Beach, Kailua, Hawaii
6. Wailea Beach, Wailea, Hawaii
7. Assateague Beach, Assateague Island, Virginia
8. La Jolla Cove, La Jolla, California
9. Laguna Beach, Laguna Beach, California
10. Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve, Honolulu, Hawaii
Currently 0 Responses
6 Menchie's - FREE Froyo National Frozen Yogurt Day
4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
7 Manatee Audubon - OPEN HOUSE at Felts Audubon Preserve
8:00 am - 11:00 am
13 52nd Annual Sarasota Shell Show
12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
21 "Fall in Love with the Haven" 60th Anniversary Celebration