1. Eileen Parkinson was president for seven years of the Chicago branch of the Screen Actors Guild.
2. Eileen once worked as an announcer for the Chicago public radio station, WTTW, which “raised the pledge drives to an art form,” she says.
3. Bob has written numerous books, including “Mottoes for Managing,” “How to Get People To Do Things Your Way” and “How To Take Charge of Your Child’s Early Education.”
4. Bob once worked in the Illinois Governor’s Office as director of research and job training and development.
5. When the couple renewed their vows in August, in celebration of their 50th wedding anniversary, their organist ended up stuck in traffic on I-75. As a result, Eileen, who long had trained in voice, picked out an entrance hymn that would be familiar to most of the attendees, and she sang it a cappella.
Currently 0 Responses
6 37th Annual 1st Friday Art Walk "Taste of the Season"
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
6 Republican Women's Club Luncheon
7 16th Annual Jingle & Jog 5K Race/1K Walk-Run
7:00 am - 11:00 am
7 Third Annual Achieva Reindeer Trot
7 Free Santa Pictures With Kids, Pets and Families
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
7 Gingerbread Houses
7 Christmas On Blackburn Point Plaza
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
7 Cookies N' Cans
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm