1. Eileen Parkinson was president for seven years of the Chicago branch of the Screen Actors Guild.
2. Eileen once worked as an announcer for the Chicago public radio station, WTTW, which “raised the pledge drives to an art form,” she says.
3. Bob has written numerous books, including “Mottoes for Managing,” “How to Get People To Do Things Your Way” and “How To Take Charge of Your Child’s Early Education.”
4. Bob once worked in the Illinois Governor’s Office as director of research and job training and development.
5. When the couple renewed their vows in August, in celebration of their 50th wedding anniversary, their organist ended up stuck in traffic on I-75. As a result, Eileen, who long had trained in voice, picked out an entrance hymn that would be familiar to most of the attendees, and she sang it a cappella.
Currently 0 Responses
8 Holiday Gift Fair
8:30 am - 1:30 pm
8 Christmas in Candy Land
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
9 CONA Holiday Party
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
10 Books & Coffee
10 Hollywood Glam Party
7:45 pm - 6:00 am
12 La Leche League/Breastfeeding Support
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
13 Fifth Annual CYD Gingerbread Festival
10:00 am - 7:00 pm
13 CYD Gingerbread Festival
10:00 am - 6:00 pm