Nicole Rissler has been director of sports for Visit Sarasota County since September 2012. She and a delegation of representatives recently returned from a trip to Switzerland to pitch Nathan Benderson Park as the 2017 venue for the Rowing World Championships.
Rissler recently shared with the Observer five things people would be surprised to know about her. For the full story, pick up a copy of the Thursday edition of the Sarasota Observer.
1. Rissler’s interest in sports began at a young age. She grew up riding quarter horses, and she even qualified for the world championships when she was 12.
2. At the age of 21, Rissler became one of the youngest Division II volleyball coaches in NCAA history as head coach at Lynn University in Boca Raton.
3. Rissler still enjoys playing volleyball with her husband, Bob, and his two brothers, who are all former football players.
4. Rissler is an avid reader, and she says she’s a big fan of James Patterson and Nicholas Sparks. She says she can’t pick an all-time favorite book, but that Tony Dungy’s, “The Quiet Strength,” is one of the only books she’s read more than once.
5. Every Saturday morning, Rissler joins her mother, sister and two daughters on a long walk. She says the weekly tradition has become their time to bond.
Contact Nick Friedman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently 0 Responses
1 Community Cookout
2 3rd annual 'Power of the Girl' Business Breakfast
2 French apÃ©ro evening
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
2 Florida's Children First 2014 Sarasota Reception
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm