+ Counties discuss BP settlement money
County Commissioner Nora Patterson and county staff Sept. 19 attended a meeting of 23 Florida counties to discuss one strategy for handling the BP settlement money, according to a memo from Florida Association of Counties Executive Director Chris Holley.
The RESTORE Act, which was passed to create a structure for settlement-fund distribution, requires the creation of a consortium of affected counties. The County Commission must approve a resolution to join the Gulf Consortium.
The goal is to receive approval for the resolution and interlocal agreement Oct. 19. The first consortium meeting is Oct. 21.
Meetings & Agendas
• Tourist Development Council — 4 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 27, Administration Building, commission chambers, 1660 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota
• School Board Financial Advisory Committee — 8 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 27, Landings Administrative Complex, conference room 330, 1980 Landings Blvd., Sarasota
• Siesta Key Village Association meeting — 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 2, Daiquiri Deck Raw Bar, 5250 Ocean Blvd., Siesta Key
• School Board of Sarasota County meeting — 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 2, Landings Administrative Complex, 1980 Landings Blvd., Sarasota
• Siesta Key Association meeting — 4:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4, St. Boniface Episcopal Church, 1980 Landings Blvd., Sarasota
Currently 0 Responses
12 LWRBA March Membership Luncheon
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
12 March Membership Luncheon
15 Irish Celtic 5K, Lakewood Ranch
8:00 am - 10:00 am
15 Palma Sola Botanical Park plants, antiques and crafts sale
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
22 5th Annual Ponies for Pups
22 Lakewood Ranch Community Fund 'Havana Nights' Gala
23 The Bridal EXPO
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
26 LWRBA March Executive Briefing
7:30 am - 9:00 am