+ Florida Power and Light to begin tree maintenance
Florida Power and Light will begin its scheduled tree trimming along the lateral circuit at the north end of Siesta Key around Wednesday, May 2, through its contractor, Asplundh Expert Tree Co.
The trimming will continue at the main feeder along Higel Avenue and Givens Street around Monday, May 14. The other main feeder, which services the Village, will be trimmed around Monday, May 21. Residents who own trees that will need to be trimmed will be notified in person or by door card.
+ Lido Beach in running for best restored beach
Lido Beach, the 2009 winner of the Best Restored Beach Award, is vying to become the Best of the Best Restored Beaches and Sarasota residents are being encouraged to vote for their local beach online.
The public is invited to participate in a poll to help the American Shore and Beach Preservation Association identify the Best of the Restored Beaches in the United States. Residents can vote for Lido Beach through Friday.
Lido Beach is listed in the category “Urban Beaches.” To vote for Lido Beach, go to http://asbpa.org and click on the Best Restored Beaches link in the top left corner of the website.
+ Auditor and Clerk fraud policy draft raises concern
Sarasota City Auditor and Clerk Pamela Nadalini has drafted a proposed anti-fraud policy for City Hall employees that would allow her department to search employee desks, storage areas, computers and employee equipment.
The policy, which she drafted in the wake of an information technology computer investigation scandal that led to former City Manager Bob Bartolotta’s resignation, could violate the rights of employees, according to city attorney Bob Fournier.
The Sarasota City Commission must approve the proposed policy, which Nadalini wants to put on a future agenda for discussion.
Meetings & Agendas
• Citizen Tax Oversight Committee — 3 p.m. Thursday, April 26, Sarasota County Administration Center, Fourth Floor Office of Financial Planning Conference Room, 1660 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota.
• Alta Vista Neighborhood Association Meeting — 7 p.m. Thursday, April 26, Concordia Lutheran Church, 2185 Wood St., Sarasota.
• Joint Sarasota County Commission and Manatee County Commission Meeting — 9 a.m. Tuesday, May 1, Manatee Public Safety Center, 2101 47th Terrace E., Bradenton.
• Sarasota County Commission Budget Workshop — 9 a.m. Monday, May 7, Sarasota County Administration Center, Third Floor Think Tank Room, 1660 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota.
• Sarasota City Commission Special Meeting — 3 p.m. Friday, May 4, City Hall, Commission Chamber, 1565 First St., Sarasota.
Currently 0 Responses
20 Holy Eucharist Rite I
7:45 am - 8:45 am
20 Holy Eucharist Contemporary Family Service w/Nursery Care
9:00 am - 10:00 am
20 Easter Egg Hunt
10:00 am - 11:00 am
20 Holy Eucharist Rite II Traditional Service w/Nursery Care
11:00 am - 12:00 pm