+ Sarasota Memorial named a Top 100 hospital
Sarasota Memorial Hospital was named among Thomson Reuters’ 100 top hospitals based on its superior clinical outcomes and overall operational performance.
The study considers all aspects of organizational performance, including patient care, efficiency and financial stability. The annual benchmark study evaluates 10 measures of hospital performance.
Sarasota Memorial, named to the list for the second time, was one of just 15 independent hospitals to make the top 100 list and one of only 12 across the nation to earn Thomson’s Everest Award, which is awarded to hospitals exhibiting top current organization-wide performance as well as the fastest long-term performance improvement.
For more information on the study, visit www.100tophospitals.com.
+ Special Olympics Torch Run
The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office will participate in the 29th annual Special Olympics Law Enforcement Torch Run April 19.
Each year, more than 3,000 law enforcement officers carry the torch on a 1,500-mile relay through more than 60 Florida counties.
Beginning at 9 a.m., members of the Sheriff’s Office will carry the torch north along U.S. 41 in Sarasota, beginning at Beneva Road and continuing past Stickney Point and Proctor roads. The torch will be handed off to the Sarasota Police Department at Paradise Plaza just past Bee Ridge Road.
Citizens should be aware that traffic delays may occur between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. on U.S. 41.
Anyone interested in contributing to the Special Olympics should contact the local office at 412-0402 or visit www.sosarasota.org.
A Goodwill Superstore being built on the North Trail will have about 60 employees, compared to the 40 the old located employed.
A story in the Feb. 12 issue of the Sarasota Observer incorrectly stated the new store would employ 80 employees.
Meetings & Agendas
• Sarasota County Commission Regular Meeting — 9 a.m. Tuesday, April 24, Sarasota County Administration Center, Commission Chamber, 1660 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota
• Sarasota City Commission Workshop — 2 p.m. Tuesday, April 24, City Hall, Commission Chamber, 1565 First St., Sarasota
• Towles Court Artist Association Meeting — 5 p.m. Wednesday, April 25, LeCafe Du Jardin, 238 S. Links Ave., Sarasota
• Alta Vista Neighborhood Association Meeting — 7 p.m. Thursday, April 26, Concordia Lutheran Church, 2185 Wood St., Sarasota
• John Ringling Boulevard Neighborhood Association Meeting — 10 a.m. Thursday, April 26, Sarasota Harbor West, 761 John Ringling Blvd., Sarasota
Currently 0 Responses
2 Healthy Skin Care and Wellness with Dr. Brenda Yanofsky
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
2 Center For Sight at University Park Grand Opening & Trunk Show
3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
3 Bowl Painting Party
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
4 Ron Gordon's Humane Society Golf Tournament