Siesta Key Village Maintenance Corp. Chairman Mark Smith announced during a Feb. 5 Siesta Key Village Association meeting, that a contracted Sarasota County crew trimmed hedges in the Village municipal parking lot.
Championship Landscape Maintenance Professionals should be in charge of the upkeep of the hedges. But, Wilhelm Brothers Inc., which was formerly responsible for Village upkeep, was the firm that cut the hedges.
The unexpected landscaping work exposed walls in need of painting. There is also a graffiti tag on the wall visible from Avenida Madera.
More than three months have passed since a drunk driver struck — and downed — a lightpole on Ocean Boulevard near Calle Miramar, but Championship has yet to replace the fixture.
• Sun Ride Pedi Cab owner Glen Capetta announced Corona Light on Draft bought advertising on five of his human-powered bicycle rickshaws.
• Sarasota County Commissioner Nora Patterson said the Beach Road drainage project would face another delay after bids for construction came in $3 million greater than expected. Patterson said she would have an update at the March update.
• Sarasota County Sheriff’s Deputy Chris McGregor said there were no crime trends to report as deputies prepare for spring break.
• Patterson noted that it would be at least 18 months before Gillig LLC, can deliver buses for additional Siesta routes.
Currently 1 Response
- Should have hired MaxPowerwashing inc. Would have saved you money and would have got you a quality, ontime service located right in siesta key.
22 Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance May Morning Express Networking Social - SCF "How SCF Supports Local Business"
7:30 am - 9:00 am
26 Tribute to Heroes Parade - Main St LWR
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
28 Braden River Soccer Club Try-outs
29 LWRBA May Membership Lunch
11:30 am - 1:00 pm