A discussion on property value and demographic trends on Siesta Key will top the agenda at Thursday’s Siesta Key Association (SKA) monthly meeting.
SKA invited international property specialist Ron Flynn to be a guest speaker at Thursday’s meeting — the first of the year for the neighborhood association.
Flynn, who is also a member of the Siesta Key Chamber of Commerce, will likely highlight a resurgent real estate market in Sarasota County, rebounding from the 2008 housing market crash that sparked the worst national economic crisis since the Great Depression.
All indices of the area’s real estate markets and construction industry point to growth, and many experts predict the trends will continue going into 2014.
Also included in Thursday’s agenda:
- A report on Siesta Key crime trends by a representative of the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office.
- Code Enforcement Officer John Lally will discuss code violation issues affecting the Key.
- Updates from a representative of the Siesta Key Village Association and Siesta Key Chamber of Commerce.
- SKA Board Member Peter van Roekens will discuss the latest developments in the controversial U.S. Army Corps of Engineering project to dredge Big Pass for Lido Beach sand.
- Update from SKA President Catherine Luckner on environmental issues affecting the Key.
The Siesta Key Association meeting is scheduled for 4:30 p.m., Jan. 9, at St. Boniface Church, 5615 Midnight Pass, Siesta Key.
Residents can call 364-4880 for more information.
Contact Nolan Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently 0 Responses
30 Fresh Market on Main
9 Early Fall Gently Used Book Sale
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
17 Women's Council of Realtors Fashion Show
27 Health & Wellness Expo
10:00 am - 1:00 pm