There are more than 1,500 museums across the country participating in Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day Live, a day of free admission Saturday, Sept. 28. For Sarasota, it means that there is free admission to The John and Mable Ringling Museum, 5401 Bay Shore Rd, Sarasota.
If you’re curious about the museum’s current offerings, be sure to check out their updated and expanded website Ringling.org, which was designed by At atLarge.Inc and launched today. To participate and attain free admission for two people, you must print a ticket at smithsonianmag.com/museumday/ticket.
Other nearby participating museums are:
• Historic Spanish Point — 337 N. Tamiami Trail, Osprey
• Venice Museum and Archives — 351 S. Nassau St., Venice
• Florida Railroad Museum — 12210 83rd St. E, Parrish
• Florida Holocaust Museum — 55 5th Street South, St. Petersburg
• Museum of Fine Arts of St. Petersburg — 255 Beach Dr. NE, St. Petersburg
Currently 0 Responses
5 Textile Art - Paint A T-Shirt or Dress
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
5 Spirits of Life: Portraits from the Art of Living
5:00 pm - 4:00 pm
6 The 4th Annual Sarasota Craft Show Returns to Robarts Arena
6 37th Annual 1st Friday Art Walk "Taste of the Season"
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
6 All Aboard the Polar Express!
6 Buddy Mondock
6 Setting New Courses
8:00 pm - 4:30 pm
7 Meet the Thompsons!