(From the soon-to-be-released CulinApp featuring Giuliano Hazan)
3/4-pound large shrimp
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 cup dry white wine
Freshly ground black pepper
1 pound linguine
5 to 6 sprigs flat leaf Italian parsley
1 cup heavy cream
• Fill a pot for the pasta with about 6 quarts of water, place over high heat, and bring to a boil.
• Peel and devein the shrimp. Cut one-third of the shrimp into 1/2-inch pieces and leave the rest whole.
• Peel and lightly crush the garlic cloves. Put them in a 12-inch skillet with the olive oil and place over medium-high heat. Sauté the garlic cloves until they are lightly browned on all sides, then remove them and discard.
• While the garlic is sautéing, dissolve the tomato paste in the white wine. After removing the garlic cloves, add the wine with dissolved tomato paste to the pan and cook until the liquid has reduced by about half.
• Add the whole shrimp, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the shrimp have turned pink, 2 to 3 minutes, then remove the pan from the heat.
• Add about 2 tablespoons salt to the boiling pasta water, put in the linguine, and stir until all the strands are submerged. Cook until al dente.
• Finely chop the parsley. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cooked shrimp to a food processor. Chop the shrimp to a medium-fine consistency then return them to the pan. Place the pan back over a medium-high heat and add the cream. Cook until the cream has reduced by about half, then add the cut pieces of raw shrimp and the parsley. Season lightly with salt, and cook until the shrimp pieces are cooked, 1 to 2 minutes, then remove the pan from the heat.
• When the pasta is done, drain well, toss with the sauce, and serve immediately.
Currently 0 Responses
26 Sarasota Concert Association: The 2015 Great Performers Series of concerts continues with the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, performing "Folk Inspirations"
26 The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center with Cellist David Finckel in â��Folk Inspirationsâ��
8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
27 Cine Selby
28 "Close-Up on Opera"- Mozart: The Marriage of Figaro