If Congress truly wants to do something positive for the unemployed American workers, there are two things it can do and not spend a dime of our taxpayer money.
1. Immediately pass legislation mandating all businesses licensed in the U.S. use E-Verify starting in 2010.
• The main benefit is it would ensure all new hires would be legal citizens.
• As the new hires are put to work, the unemployment rolls would shrink and reduce unemployment benefit costs.
• Illegal aliens denied employment will self deport. There will be an immediate easement of demand on schools, hospitals and prisons. The estimated cost of illegal aliens to the federal government is $338 billion a year. As the illegal-alien population self deports, the costs will go down significantly.
• With E-Verify in place and closing the jobs faucet for illegal aliens, the crush of illegal aliens in the country will diminish dramatically.
2. Immediately put a hold on all new legal immigrants into the U.S. for a period of five years.
• The main benefit is we will not be importing unskilled labor to compete with the current U.S. unemployed unskilled labor.
• A secondary benefit will be a reduction in federal cost benefits to the 1.5 million coming ashore year in and year out with no end in sight, further reducing federal costs.
• These common-sense actions cost no federal dollars to help alleviate the rising unemployment problem in this country.
Currently 0 Responses
4 Meet the Sky
5 Volunteer Connect Meeting
11:30 am - 12:00 pm
9 Back to School Bash 2014
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
9 Cat Depot Leash Walking Class
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Painting with a Twist-Sarasota hosted its fifth annual fundraising event for the Vera Bradley Breast Cancer Foundation Monday.
The Tiny Hands Foundation is looking for volunteers for this weekend’s Backpack Brigade event Saturday, Aug. 2, at the Boys & Girls Club of Sarasota.
Heron East Assisted Living Facility held its second annual “Senior Prom” last month.