Currently 6 Responses
- According to their cafeteria menu, the children ate BEEFARONI Wednesday. No cruelty in that, eh?
- For those of us who have witnessed it firsthand the behind-the-scenes Circus animal "care" is an absolute nightmare. Be thankful the educational programming PETA is offering is a soft cuddly, version of the bloody and indescribable horrors that exist when out of control handlers and trainers beat, burn and quite simply torture these poor captive/prisoner animals. When performing they are like old chain gang prisoners...marched around dressed up in pretty colors while having been brutalized to behave the way they do.
THANK YOU PETA for having the courage to go public with this inexcusable industry. They are highly intelligent animals who eventually go totally bonkers and run-usually taking innocent bystanders with them. Enough of this-it is 2010- admit that the old time circus did not have access to the animal behavioral research, did terrible things to animals and stop letting the $$$$spin$$$ doctors of the Circus industry keep this sick spectacle going.
Let your children watch animals on the Discovery channel and support one of the brilliant modern non-exotic animal Circuses- Circus Soleil, etc., etc.
Can't clean up the planet if we keep wallowing in the $$sewers$$$!!!!
- How would you, John Lear, pretend to know along with the PETA idiots that the elephants are mistreated? The elephants are a revenue generating source for the circus. To mistreat them would be bad business. Children are impressionable and bend to the adult pressure around them for approval. To assault children for a misguided adult and probably left wing cause is unpardonable. I care about animals and circus animals being one of the life bloods of a circus are hardly mistreated. Your whining is typical left wing garbage. Next you'll want to dictate my health care and my carbon dioxide exhaling.
- milan.....what are you smoking...?...the children should know how the animals are mistreated....i am disappointed in you.....
THE PETA PERSON WAS NOT AN "EMPLOYEEE" ,I AM SURE....BUT A HEART FELT VOLUNTEER........GOOD FOR THEM AND THE CHILDREN AND THEIR PARENTS WHO CARE FOR THE ANIMALS OF OUR WORLD......
- The protesters are actually quite educated particularly on the subject of animal cruelty. The article didn't mention anything about an attack. It did say, however, that children are compassionate. They have a right to know how the animals are treated and that they are forced to live in very small cages. It just might make them feel differently and choose not to go to the circus.
- These protesters are a bunch of idiots. To attack an elementary school with such vehemence with lies about the circus is unconscionable.
19 American Business Women's Assocation-Sunset Chapter Monthly Meeting
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
19 Tuscany by Night!
19 Feathers & Fins
6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
20 Golfing for a Change
Can you dig it?
Third- and fourth-grade students of Temple Beth Sholom had a chance to brush up on their paleontology skills last week while digging for faux dinosaur bones.
Sound of scholars
Local students Caleb Upton and Matthew Vaadi received some help for their upcoming studies to the tune of $1,000 each from the Sarasota Chorus of the Keys. The scholarships were made possible through the Sheridan E. Brown Memorial Scholarship Fund. Both students plan to use the funds toward a career in music.
High Five Moments of the Week
The top five sports moments of the week.