+ Property-tax deadline approaches
Monday, Nov. 30 is the last day to pay property taxes with a 4% discount. But, it’s the first business day following the Thanksgiving holiday — all county offices are closed Nov. 26 and Nov. 27.
Property owners can pay online at www.SarasotaTaxCollector.com, over the phone at 877-729-2001 or in a drive-thru service at the following tax collector’s offices: 101 S. Washington Blvd., Sarasota; 8484 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota; and Anderson Administration Center, 4000 S. Tamiami Trail, Venice.
+ New Year’s party sponsors sought
Organizers of the downtown Sarasota New Year’s Eve party are seeking sponsors to help pay the $35,000 operating costs.
Ernie Ritz said there are no developers this year willing to donate the money like in previous years.
The New Year’s party historically has been one of the biggest fundraisers of the year for the Downtown Merchants Association (now the Downtown Sarasota Alliance), grossing between $65,000 and $75,000.
+ Meetings & Agendas
• Police Advisory Panel — 5 p.m. Monday, Nov. 30, at the Commission Chambers, City Hall, 1565 First St., Sarasota
• Downtown Improvement District — 9 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 1, in Room 112, City Hall, 1565 First St.
• Osprey Revitalization Committee — 2 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 1, Historic Spanish Point, 337 N. Tamiami Trail, Osprey
• Siesta Key master pump station and force main project meeting — 2:30 to 5 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 2, first floor press room, County Administration Building, 1660 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota
• City Commission/Public Art Committee joint meeting — 3 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 2, Commission Chambers, City Hall, 1565 First St.
Currently 0 Responses
25 Fourth Friday at the Historic Downtown Village
25 Sarasota Singles Society Presents "Bastille Day Celebration"
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
26 NRA Pistol Safety
8:00 am - 12:30 pm
26 4th Annual Sarasota Mystic Faire
11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Vive La France
The Alliance Francaise held a fundraiser in honor of Bastille Day, or La Fête Nationale, Monday, July 14, at Marina Jack.
Going for Gold
Custodians of Sarasota County Schools enjoyed a day of fun and learning at the annual custodians professional development day July 3, at Riverview High School.
Show of support
Siesta Key Hardware owners Patricia and James Hillier are bringing the island community closer together.