Sarasota Memorial Hospital (SMH) has proved Sarasota healthcare consumers can have their cake and it eat, too.
Financial comparison website NerdWallet on an Oct. 14 list ranked SMH as the fifth most affordable hospital in Florida. And SMH beat out the four other hospitals above it on the list with 81% in patient satisfaction.
The website found the most affordable treatments were for Asthma, high blood pressure and Alzheimer's.
The NerdWallet list of the most affordable hospitals in Florida:
1. Indian River Medical Center, Vero Beach
2. Bay Medical Center, Panama City
3. Sacred Heart Hospital, Pensacola
4. Halifax Health Medical Center, Daytona Beach
5. Sarasota Memorial Hospital, Sarasota
6. Cape Coral Hospital, Cape Coral
7. Naples Community Hospital, Naples
8. Morton Plant Hospital, Clearwater
9. Lee Memorial Hospital, Fort Myers
10. Leesburg Regional Medical Center, Leesburg
Currently 0 Responses
4 Meet the Sky
5 Volunteer Connect Meeting
11:30 am - 12:00 pm
9 Back to School Bash 2014
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
9 Cat Depot Leash Walking Class
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Heron East Assisted Living Facility held its second annual “Senior Prom” last month.
Sarasota nonprofits the Boys and Girls Club of Sarasota County and Big Brothers Big Sisters are hosting donation drives. The Boys and Girls Club’s drive runs from July 21 through Aug. 2 and is accepting clothing, shoes, books and small household items for Goodwill Manasota.
Vive La France
The Alliance Francaise held a fundraiser in honor of Bastille Day, or La Fête Nationale, Monday, July 14, at Marina Jack.