Sarasota Memorial Hospital (SMH) has proved Sarasota healthcare consumers can have their cake and it eat, too.
Financial comparison website NerdWallet on an Oct. 14 list ranked SMH as the fifth most affordable hospital in Florida. And SMH beat out the four other hospitals above it on the list with 81% in patient satisfaction.
The website found the most affordable treatments were for Asthma, high blood pressure and Alzheimer's.
The NerdWallet list of the most affordable hospitals in Florida:
1. Indian River Medical Center, Vero Beach
2. Bay Medical Center, Panama City
3. Sacred Heart Hospital, Pensacola
4. Halifax Health Medical Center, Daytona Beach
5. Sarasota Memorial Hospital, Sarasota
6. Cape Coral Hospital, Cape Coral
7. Naples Community Hospital, Naples
8. Morton Plant Hospital, Clearwater
9. Lee Memorial Hospital, Fort Myers
10. Leesburg Regional Medical Center, Leesburg
Currently 0 Responses
18 9th annual Leadership Breakfast honoring Nancy Detert and Teri Hansen
18 SMART PARENTS / SMART KIDS FREE SEMINAR
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
19 American Business Women's Assocation-Sunset Chapter Monthly Meeting
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
19 Tuscany by Night!
High Five Moments of the Week
The top five sports moments of the week.
A climb for heroes
Joining with firemen from Central Florida, the Suncoast FOOLS firefighters gathered Saturday, at Plymouth Harbor, to pay homage to the fallen heroes of Sept. 11.
Student's art gains national exposure
ART.WRITE.NOW.DC, a year-long exhibit featuring works of art and writing and hosted in the lobby of the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Building in Washington, D.C., opens Sept. 19.