Sarasota Memorial Hospital (SMH) has proved Sarasota healthcare consumers can have their cake and it eat, too.
Financial comparison website NerdWallet on an Oct. 14 list ranked SMH as the fifth most affordable hospital in Florida. And SMH beat out the four other hospitals above it on the list with 81% in patient satisfaction.
The website found the most affordable treatments were for Asthma, high blood pressure and Alzheimer's.
The NerdWallet list of the most affordable hospitals in Florida:
1. Indian River Medical Center, Vero Beach
2. Bay Medical Center, Panama City
3. Sacred Heart Hospital, Pensacola
4. Halifax Health Medical Center, Daytona Beach
5. Sarasota Memorial Hospital, Sarasota
6. Cape Coral Hospital, Cape Coral
7. Naples Community Hospital, Naples
8. Morton Plant Hospital, Clearwater
9. Lee Memorial Hospital, Fort Myers
10. Leesburg Regional Medical Center, Leesburg
Currently 0 Responses
24 What are you doing on Christmas Eve?
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
26 Lights In Bloom
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
3 FREE 5K Fun Run
7:00 am - 8:00 am
3 Historical Trolley Tour
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sound of hope
The holiday season hasn’t officially started until our favorite bell ringers return to their posts.
Shoppers and residents were treated to some holiday harmonies by the Senior Friendship Centers’ group, the Second Wind Harmonica Players, in Downtown Sarasota.
Stepping up to the plate
The Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation and the Boys & Girls Clubs of Sarasota County teamed up to bring the anti-bullying event Rachel’s Challenge to Sarasota Dec. 3.