Personal trainer and Sarasota resident Colleen Yuskaitis enjoys preparing foods to provide fuel for an active lifestyle. This week, Yuskaitis shares a quick and easy recipe for a vegan-friendly, high-protein snack that you can take on the go.
Date and nut clusters
• Equal parts dates and walnuts
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
• shredded coconut
• agave nectar to taste (optional)
• cocoa powder to taste (optional)
1. Pit dates and blend lightly in food processor
2. Add salt, walnuts and any optional ingredients to taste.
3. Form blended mixture into balls and roll in shredded coconut
Currently 1 Response
- For more information on personal training, coaching, and just good ole healthy living, visit Thrive on Challenge at www.thriveonchallenge.com and on facebook.com /thriveonchallenge
4 Mindful Practice
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
5 Sarasota Singles Society: "An Evening at the Sarasota Opera House"
5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
8 GriefShare Seminars & Support Groups
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
8 Dave Ramsey's FINANCIAL PEACE UNIVERSITY
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Sarasota resident Sol Carson celebrated his 100th birthday Aug. 15, at the Jewish Family and Children’s Services of Sarasota Inc. The birthday party included cake, singing and family. Carson, a South Philadelphia native, lives in Sarasota with his son, Charles.
The St. Boniface Youth Group held an ice cream social for families Sunday, Aug. 17, in Siesta Key Village.
Calling all four-legged models! The Humane Society of Sarasota County will be accepting entries for its 3rd annual “The Real HousePets of Sarasota County” Pet Calendar and Photo Contest.