SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO —
This week we went in the kitchen with owner Ed Chiles and chef Will Manson of BeacHhouse for potato-encrusted grouper.
The BeacHhouse is located 200 Gulf Drive N. on Anna Maria Island. The restaurant features Florida-style dining right on the Gulf of Mexico and features dishes such as Gulf Coast crab cakes, stuffed tilapia and conch fritters. The BeachHouse also features Lola wine.
For more In the Kitchen videos, click here.
Scroll down for a instructional video on how to prepare the dish:
• 1 six-ounce grouper fillet
• 1 Idaho potato shredded
• 2 ounces matchstick-cut vegetables
• 2 ounces clarified butter
• 2 ounces dark rum
• 2 ounces fish stock
• 3 ounces orange marmalade
• 1 tablespoon horseradish
1. Blend 1 ounce vegetables with shredded potatoes.
2. Heat butter in saute pan.
3. Add vegetable/potato mix.
4. Place fish on top.
5. Cook on stove until edges are browned.
6. Flip fish and potatoes together.
7. Bake in oven at 350 degrees approximately 4 minutes until done or the fish is a golden brown
1. Saute remaining vegetables and add rum.
2. Reduce mixture to half.
3. Add stock and reduce by half.
4. Add marmalade and horseradish.
5. Top fish with vegetables and drizzle sauce over top.
Currently 0 Responses
12 La Leche League/Breastfeeding Support
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
13 Fifth Annual CYD Gingerbread Festival
10:00 am - 7:00 pm
13 CYD Gingerbread Festival
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
14 Free Spirograph Art Event For The Kids
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
14 Green Tara Empowerment
14 Cat Depot: Leashwalking
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
17 Financing Our Foodshed with Carol Peppe Hewitt
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
18 8th Annual Sustainable Communities Workshop
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
During each of the last eight years, the Out-of-Door Academy families have collected food for Gocio Elementary families.
Forty Carrots hosts grandparents
Forty Carrots Family Center invited students’ grandparents to attend Grandparents’ Day Nov. 25.
The Rotary Club of Sarasota Keys is seeking volunteers from now through Dec. 24, to help man its Salvation Army kettle bell during the holiday season.