Sarasota residents will get a chance to meet the five semifinalists for police chief at a community event Friday, Oct. 5.
The city has scheduled a meet-and-greet for 5:30 to 7 p.m., Oct. 5 at the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall. The event is open to the public.
On Sept. 14, City Manager Tom Barwin narrowed the list of candidates from 13 to five. The short list for the police chief position includes:
• Gregory Anderson, Oak Forest, Ill., police chief
• Bernadette DiPino, Ocean City, Md., police chief
• Salvatore Ruggiero, Tampa police major (retired)
• Mark Teunis, Clearwater Support Services commander
• Tonya Vincent, Richmond, Va., deputy police chief
Currently 0 Responses
29 SILL Global Issues Lecture
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
29 SILL Global Issues Seminar
2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
29 3rd annual Fashionistas for a Cause Bartending Fundraiser
30 AJC's 2015 Winter Lunch & Learn
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Did you notice a familiar name in the February issue of Southern Living magazine?
Packing on team spirit
No one can accuse of Diane Chechik of not representing her team, the Green Bay Packers.
Sarasota on the social map
… Well, we already knew that, right? Now apparently all of New York knows how wonderful our slice of paradise is, too.