SCROLL DOWN FOR THIS WEEK’S VIDEO —
This week we went in the kitchen with Andrea Bozzolo, owner of Andrea’s, for a homemade ravioli dish. Bozzolo was born in Pallanza in Piedmont, Italy, and in 2003 moved to Sarasota after visiting the area on vacation.
Andrea’s is located at 2085 Siesta Drive and features local produce, wild-caught fish and homemade breads and pastas.
Click here for more “In the Kitchen” recipes.
Learn how to make homemade ravioli and watch an instructional video below:
• Ravioli is a classical Northern Italian stuffed pasta made with water, eggs, flour and a touch of oil. To make, the ingredients are blended with a hand mixer or electric mixer and rolled into a sheet of pasta with a pasta sheet maker.
• Once the pasta is made into a sheet, put stuffing — Andrea’s uses wild mushrooms sautéed with shallots, red wine and blended with egg yolk, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese — into a pastry bag.
• Squeeze about a walnut-size portion of the stuffing onto the pasta sheet and repeat until all the stuffing is gone.
• Cover with another sheet of pasta, and press very gently with your fingers to remove air. Cut the ravioli into squares with a pasta cutter.
• Boil ravioli for three minutes, adding a little salt to the water to prevent the ravioli from sticking.
• Serve with melted butter, sage and Parmesan.
Currently 0 Responses
26 Lights In Bloom
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
3 FREE 5K Fun Run
7:00 am - 8:00 am
3 Historical Trolley Tour
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
6 Feast of the Epiphany offers beautiful close to Christmas season
Sound of hope
The holiday season hasn’t officially started until our favorite bell ringers return to their posts.
Shoppers and residents were treated to some holiday harmonies by the Senior Friendship Centers’ group, the Second Wind Harmonica Players, in Downtown Sarasota.
Stepping up to the plate
The Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation and the Boys & Girls Clubs of Sarasota County teamed up to bring the anti-bullying event Rachel’s Challenge to Sarasota Dec. 3.